We are manufacturers of Micro-minerals like Talc/Soapstone which is used in making soap & detergents and Talcum Powder.What is Talc?Talc
is a versatile mineral, widely used in various industrial applications. The nature of deposit, formation of talc is the index of its chemical purity, particle shape and other physical features. Talc possesses some unique and unusual properties, which makes it ideal for its multiple uses. No other mineral other than talc possesses such combination of intrinsic properties.
Mainly there are three types of structures in the talc Platy, Acicular and Granular. Minerals commonly associated with some commercial talc in significant amounts include the Carbonates, Calcite, Dolomite, Magnesite & other Silicates, Anthophyllite, Chlorite, Quartz, Serpentine and Tremolites. Serpentine and Tremolites are hazardous impurities possessing ACICULAR structure.
The deposits located in the north of Rajasthan, are in massive form of the talc, primarily with the Platy particle shape with high chemical purity and reflectance values. They are non-abrasive and free from ASBESTOS and BIMINERALS, especially grits etc.
The important properties of Talc are its chemical inertness, high dielectric strength, high thermal conductivity, low electrical conductivity and Oil & Grease absorption.
Application of Talc (Soapstone Powder) in Plastic Industries
- Plastic Industry : Consumes high quality ultra fine talc in polypropylene, polyamides, cable PVC and other plastic compounds. Talc is being increasingly used in HDPE, PP, LDPE, PVC, ABS & Thermosetting compounds. It is excellent filler due to blending characteristics and thermal and electrical resistant. It is chemically inert. It provides the smooth feel to plastic surface. Due to its chemical inertness, supeiror electrical and thermal resistance and other properties talc imparts stiffness, hardness, tensile strength of plastic products, improves quality of their surfaces, gives them electrical, chemical and thermal resistance.
- Paint Industries : Talc is used in production of decorative paints, industrial coatings, pigment pastes, primers, enamels, adhesives, putties and other products of the industry.
- Soapstone powder (Talc) in ceramics : In ceramics talc is used mostly as low cost filler in ceramic tiles, sanitary ware, dinnerware, porcelain and electrical insulating.
- Pharmaceutical Industries : In Pharmaceuticals talc is used as filler in tablets, ointments and dustings. Talc used in this industry must be highly pure, bacteria free, must contain no iron oxide, dolomite, carbon and other impurities.
- Paper Industries : Talc is used in three stages of paper making-as a filler, to control ;pitch and stickiest and in paper coating. During the paper making process, the micro impurities can clog the paer machinery. Talc being hydrophobic absorbs these micro droplets thus controlling t heir stickness and avoiding clogging. High brightness of talc leads to reduction in usage of expensive whitening agents and helps in controlling gloss of the coat. Talc gives smoothness, yellow index, porosity, and opacity to paper, improves its yellow index and reduces the deterioration of the machinery. Our grades of talc powder are in wide range for paper industries.
- Other used of talc : Besides all above uses Talc is also widely used in Toilet soap manufacturing, cosmetic industries in baby talc powder, detergent manufacturing, Dal Mills (Pulses Polishing), Textile, Printing Ink, Rubber industry and as a filler raw material in many chemical industries.